Graduate Student Resources
Graduate Volunteer Opportunity
The Western History Association is seeking volunteers to work as Graduate Staff Members for its 58th Annual Conference in San Antonio, Texas. Graduate Staff Members should be motivated, hard working, graduate students. Click here for more information.
Graduate Student Awards
The WHA offers many awards, prizes, and scholarships which directly benefit graduate students. Click the links below to learn more about each opportunity.
Graduate Student Workshop
Apply for Improving the Research Experience: A Workshop for Graduate Students in Western American History. This workshop will run from 1:30 PM to 3:00 PM on Thursday, October 18, 2018. It will consist of sub sessions addressing the following topics: fellowships, research awards, grant seeking, plotting out research, preparing approaches to research institutions, and much more!
Graduate students wishing to apply for the workshop should send an email to email@example.com with the words "2018 Grad Student Workshop" in the subject line. The email should include an attached word document which identifies the following:
1. Student's institutional affiliation
2. Description of what state of her or his program the student has reached
3. Enumerate the student's research experience to date
4. Provide an overview of the student's dissertation. (The overview should summarize the topic, including chronological and geographic parameters, collections of original sources already consulted and all research institutions that the student has visited or will visit in the course of pursuing the dissertation.)
5. The email and document should also include a preferred surface mail address.
Applications should be sent to the WHA Office at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, September 17, 2018.
Student Travel Forum
This forum is to provide easy communication for students traveling to the WHA's 58th Annual Conference in San Antonio, Texas October 17-20, 2018. Those seeking travel information or interested in sharing a hotel room are welcome to start a conversation below for others to see and respond. Only WHA members are able to start discussions. Non-members may respond to posts.
The Western History Association requests that all forum discussions respect the WHA mission to be a congenial home to all interested in the American West but is ultimately not responsible for the content created by the users of this forum.
Sponsors and Partners